Monday, March 05, 2007

28 Days and Counting -- 1500 Miles for Multiple Sclerosis

Hi Y'all!

Today was a big step toward actually making my trip in a few weeks. I bought a new bike. Yes, a real bike that I'm counting on to carry me from here to New York City. Yes, I fully realize that everything may go haywire somewhere between here and there and I may have to buy a new bike or something, but I dropped a thousand bucks on a bike and a little equipment today and that's as much as is going to happen any time soon (yes, I realize I could have easily spent three times this amount -- but let's get real, people!).

Training is kicking my backside right now and I fully expect to die somewhere along the route. That should be the reason, if you haven't found another, to watch my trip very closely. Kind of like the reason watch car races. "Maybe someone will die.." Yes. That should be reason enough to pay attention to my ride in April.

My team has completely come together, by the way, so I'm being as smart about this as I can be. Andrew and Marita will be accompanying me -- perhaps in my Saturn SUV; perhaps in something else. They both rock and will make the trip much more fun. And Marita, like, knows how to perform CPR and stuff; I'm thinking we'll need her for that at least three or four times before the end of the trip.

Okay, no more "Sean will die on this trip" jokes for right now. I want you to know, though, that I'm working very, very hard to make this trip work. It is difficult on my body, but I can feel the improvement from months ago, when I first started getting ready. I'm assuming that this trip will be pure hell, but I'm excited, and I'll do my best to not let my fans (all six of you) down.

Maybe I'll write more about the bike later, or maybe not (Lord knows we don't want things to degenerate into an arguement over my choice of bikes).

Take care.

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
www.SharingOurDays.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home