Saturday, February 03, 2007

Mayor of Columbia

Hi Y'all!

I've explained that my plan is to pursue the domino theory of organizing -- "accomplish a big thing by knocking over one little thing at a time." Seems obvious, but it is amazing how many times people forego trying big things because they overlook this approach.

Anyway, I knocked over a great first domino yesterday. The second stop on my route is Columbia, Missouri (where I went to college, by the way). Yesterday I spoke with the current mayor of Columbia, Darwin Hindman. He's been mayor for 12 years and is running for his fourth term. Long ago, though, I helped a bit with his very first run for the office, so it was a pretty easy call to make.

The end of the story is that Darwin is going to headline my event in Columbia. This will make it much easier for me to get the support of a few other people there in Columbia involved, as well as a media outlet or two. Darwin is beloved there in Columbia(won his last race with 71%) and is a huge cycling advocate, so the fit is perfect.

This will also make it easier for me to secure the involvement of other public officials and notables. It is a relatively small step but an important one. Now on to the next step.

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
www.SharingOurDays.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home