Thursday, February 01, 2007

Events

Hi Y'all!

Today I'm going to start getting serious about moving forward with the events along the route. I'm going to write a little plan for them, which will be posted tomorrow here at MissouriToManhattan.

I'm also going to start making some calls. For each event, I figure there are two critical elements to get started. One is the involvement of at least one media outlet and the other is a "known" person who can be and MC or organizer. Yes, there are other ways to start building the events, but I think this is how I want to proceed in this case.

The approach will be my version of the domino theory -- "one success begets another success." So I'm going to start working on areas of the country where I think I can have the quickest success. Columbia, MO is probably the best place, followed by Kansas City, followed by St. Louis, followed by Columbus. After that, I run out of high-level personal contacts along the route, so I'll be counting on the momentum of the overall event and personal persuasiveness to get the job done (some days the "personal persuasiveness" works for me, others not so much).

If you ever have suggestions for people who can be helpful along the route (Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York) please let me know.

Have a great day!

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
www.SharingOurDays.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home