Tuesday, January 02, 2007

this week on the road

Hi Y'all!

We're in the first week of January and the weatherman is telling me that it will be unseasonably warm (thank goodness for global warming!). For me, that means I'm going to do most of my training on the road, instead of on the stationary bike. My goal will be to do at least 90 miles on the road before the weekend. Then this weekend it is time for my first 75 mile ride. Yikes!

We'll see how it goes.

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
www.SharingOurDays.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

4 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Good to do the training vis-a-vis terra-firma. The stationary bike can be deceiving.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

WoooHoooo! Best of luck on your ride, I wish I was going along with you! Post a picture of your bike!! Yeah, I'm a bike freak.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

As you said you are going to get a new bike for this ride, maybe you could contact local bike shops in your area and see if they would like to DONATE one to you for your ride, you could put the bike shop name on the bike or your gear for advertisement - That would be COOL!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Sean Spence said...

Thanks for the support, as always, y'all. The bike I'm using right now is a loaner, designed purely to get me through the next months of training. Following Michelle's advice from earlier, I'm going to get the actual trip bike in early March, so I can break it in before the trip. Maybe I'll even be able to get someone to donate it...

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home