Monday, January 01, 2007

The New Year

Happy New Year Everybody!

Training continues to go well -- now is the time to step everything up and make this thing happen.

January needs to be a busy month. I really need to make sure that the bulk of my sponsorship requests go out this month, certainly all of the large corporate requests. They work on a long timeline, and months of notice are required. So I'm going to start looking for sponsors for the trip this week. Remember, by the way, that my goal is to pay for the expenses of the trip with the help of a few friends. Most of the sponsors will be writing checks directly to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

The other big deal is that I'm going to start paying attention to my eating. Yes, I've been losing weight because of all of the writing, but I need to get serious about every aspect of training if I have any real intention of making it 1500 miles in about 90 days from now. Since I started, I've continued to eat absolutely anything I want, and that has to change. So it changes today. We'll see.

Have an awesome New Year. I have high hopes for this year -- I'm going to make the most of it.

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
www.SharingOurDays.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home