Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Couple of conversations

Hey Y'all,

I had a great chat with Al Golin yesterday -- remember, he's the guy at GolinHarris (www.golinharris.com), which is one of the largest PR firms in the world. He still wants to help with the ride and is assigning someone to work with me directly (he's not exactly chasing press releases anymore, ya know?). He's given me his cell phone, so I figure he's serious, and isn't just pawning me off on a junior staffer. Having him want to help is really an honor.

That's going to be one of the most fun parts of this project, I think -- meeting people that I otherwise could not possibly have met. Not just famous or "important" people, though. I get all kinds of e-mails from folks all over the country (and Canada, which is as international as it has been, so far). I'll keep publishing some of those e-mails, when I think you'll be interested and it is not too private.

I've also enlisted the help of one of my longest-serving friends, Libby Quaid (once you go over 35, you don't like to say "one of my oldest friends"). Libby and I went to college at the Univerity of Missouri-Columbia (Go Mizzou!), where we almost dated. Libby likes to tell the story of the time I stopped to pick her up for something and brought a date -- unfortunately, Libby thought WE were going on a date. So she says I brought a date to our date.

Yes, I'm kind of an idiot. That kind of killed any possibility that we would ever be any more than friends, but I also feel like it kind of cemented our now 17-year friendship.

Libby is a reporter at Associated Press (kind of a big deal really -- I'm very proud of her), and is helping me get to some journalist-types to pay attention to what we are doing. I'll let you know how all that goes.

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
www.SharingOurDays.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home