Monday, December 11, 2006

Tomorrow's Press Release

Okay, Becky has approved my little release, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning to start sending it. But you, my loyal readers, get to see it first...

MS SURVIVOR WILL BICYCLE FROM KANSAS CITY TO NEW YORK CITY

1500-mile ride will raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and others. Rider Sean Spence, who is 40-50 pounds overweight and takes regular MS treatments, says the trip should prove that “anyone can break through the boundaries life creates for them.”

(Kansas City, MO) Sean Spence, diagnosed in October 2003 with relapsing/remitting Multiple Sclerosis, is preparing to ride a bicycle from Kansas City, Missouri to New York, New York, April 3-23. The 1500-mile trip will raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and other MS charities.

“Before deciding to make this trip, I hadn’t ridden a bike more than a few miles since I was twelve,” Spence said. “I wouldn’t say I was in horrible shape, but I’m kind of a fat guy with a bad back and a little asthma, not to mention the MS.”

“After a few weeks of training, I’m riding 28 miles a day and working my way to 100,” Spence continued. “I’ll be ready for the ride by April 3rd. This ride will raise money and awareness of MS, and I hope it will remind folks that anyone can break through the boundaries life creates for them.”

The trip will run through the following cities:

Tuesday, April 3 Leave Kansas City, MO
Wednesday, April 4 Columbia, MO
Friday, April 6 St. Louis, MO
Saturday, April 7 Springfield, IL
Sunday, April 8 Decatur, IL
Tuesday, April 10 Chicago, IL
Friday, April 13 Indianapolis, IN
Sunday, April 15 Dayton, OH
Monday, April 16 Columbus, OH
Wednesday, April 18 Pittsburgh, PA
Friday, April 20 Harrisburgh, PA
Saturday, April 21 Lancaster, PA
Sunday, May 22 Philadelphia, PA
Monday, May 23 New York, NY

Sean Spence currently lives and works in Kansas City, MO. Over the course of his career, Spence has worked in marketing, public relations, and primarily as a political campaign professional. His volunteer background includes work for many charities. This will be the first effort supporting Multiple Sclerosis-related organizations. More can be read about Spence’s trip at www.MissouriToManhattan.com.
####

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most excellent. As May comes closer, I'll keep an eye out for ya.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home