Sunday, January 07, 2007

Getting serious about organizing

Hi Y'all!

As I mentioned a few days ago, January needs to be the month where I really step up the organization of this trip -- particularly as I pull together support of every kind. So this morning I'm e-mailing all of the local chapters for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, letting them know exactly what I am doing and asking for their help.

Below is the template for the e-mail I'm sending.

Are you someone who would like to get involved in making the trip a success? Please let me know; I'd love your help!

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
www.SharingOurDays.com
seanspence@earthlink.net




Hi Pat,

I'm writing to let you know that I'm preparing for a bike ride in April from Kansas City, MO to New York City to benefit MS research and treatment. My hope is that you can help me identify someone with whom I can work in both St. Louis and Columbia, where stops are scheduled. You can learn more about my trip at www.MissouriToManhattan.com.

My goal is to create small fundraising and media events in Columbia (April 4th, evening) and St. Louis (April 6, afternoon or evening), designed primarily to support your local organizations. With your help, I would like to identify local board members or other volunteers interested in assisting with such events.

You'll find that I have a long background in fundraising, media relations and grassroots organizing (at local, statewide and national levels). While I realize that there are hurdles to creating successful events of this sort, I'm convinced we can make these work in a way that makes sense for the Columbia and St. Louis organizations, as well as for the National MS Society.

I would be happy to speak with you further about this, or to whomever you feel is appropriate. Please let me know if you and I should chat in the next week or so, or if there is someone more appropriate there at your chapter.

I look forward to working with you.

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
www.SharingOurDays.comseanspence@earthlink.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home