Thursday, January 11, 2007

First little bike wreck

Hi Y'all!

Well, it isn't really a big deal, but I had my first bike wreck last night. Does that make me a real cyclist now?

Here's the story. I was riding in a neighborhood by the hotel where I'm staying (have I mentioned that I'm living in a hotel for the next couple of months, until the current election I'm running is over?). Anyway, the bottom line is that I got too close to the side of the rode, slipped off just a bit, lost my balance and went ass over teakettle into someone's yard. I'm a little banged up, but otherwise fine.

Yes, I am officially a real cyclist. : )

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
www.SharingOurDays.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Ugh, this is the 3rd time I've tried this. OK, here goes again... Hi Sean! I'm a 40 y/o woman with MS. I'm enjoying your site. I'm new here and I think it's great to be able to share thoughts and ideas or just vent etc. May I ask what election you're working on? The last time I got on my bike I hit a utility pole and went out into the street. (about 3 yrs ago) I'll get back on one day...

4:36 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

What time zone is MO in?

4:38 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah, you are now initiated. Welcome to the club! Wrecks suck. I did an endo on my mountain bike last summer, ended up on my back, facing the way I was coming from, with the bike on top of me. I bruised and sore for awhile, cracked my thumb and almost ripped off my toenail, not sure how THAT actually happened. Then there is the time I was commuting to work, the wind was blowing and I didn't clip out of my pedal on the left side, I was expecting to lean to the right, so that foot was free. The wind blew me to the left and down I went. Straight over like a tree. A guy driving a truck was pretty suprised to see me just fall over like that, I quickly kicked off the bike, jumped up and gave him a thumbs up - all is ok. I felt pretty stupid!! It was funny though, gave my co-workers a chuckle. :)

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home