Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wednesday in Kansas City

Hi Y'all!

Today has been pretty great so far. I've ridden just over 25 miles and would have been happy to do more, but we were at the outskirts of Kansas City and I'm going to drive through so I don't have to deal with big-city traffic issues (I have to be sensible in at least one respect on this trip, don't I?).

This morning's ride was just as hilly as yesterday's, but felt easier -- I guess I'm just already acclimating to it. It has also been cool, and I had plenty of water and power bars.

Now I'm waiting for some repairs to my bike (yes, already!). The gears were having trouble and then the chain came off, so I switched to the alternate bike, which is not as fast and requires more energy. I'm pretty excited about getting back on my primary bike. This trip is certainly not going to be easy, but I continue to see that it is something I can do.

More later. Gotta go pick up my bike from the repair shop and get back on the trail!

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home