Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sean's Day 2

Hi Y'all!

I'm pretty excited for a couple of reasons. First, I'm still alive (a surprise to many who know about this trip, I suspect). Second, my second day went much better than my first. All told, I rode about 60 miles (I'll include the exact distance tomorrow; I just forgot to check before retiring and it is raining outside).

Yes, the terrain is still extremely hilly. I swear I thought we would be done with that after a morning's ride, but our route has shifted just a bit and we won't be on the Katy trail until tomorrow, late in the day or even at the very end of the day. Yuck.

That's fine, though. The hard early riding is toughening me up for the next leg of the trip. With every mile, I grow more confident that this is a trip I will finish.

By the way, I need to point out that today Brett made me try some of the nastiest stuff I've ever tasted. It was some kind of banana flavored energy gel. Yes, I know that big-time cyclists apparently live on this stuff for months at a time. Yes, I know it is chock-full of energy. But, ugh, it was so disgusting! Did Brett try it? No. He just talked me into it. I must definitely seek retribution.

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home