Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Day 2: Disc Golf finally

Ok, day 2 may not be "finally" material, but it sure feels like it.  I wanted to play at Missouri Western yesterday, but something came up.  Then I wanted to play Water Works this morning, but something else came up, then I finally got to play Swope Park.  The lay out is viewer-friendly, with nearly all the holes visible from a central club house that looks as if it could easily be converted to a Forest Park-style bistro.  The course is made challenging by its elevation changes and reminds me a lot of a shorter version of Jefferson Barracks.  The course length allows for the possibility of birdie on about 13 or 14 holes, which is why I was disappointed in my 1 over performance (3 bogeys, 2 birdies).  Most of my drives were hindered by 25 mph winds, which slapped my discs out of the air like Manute Bol, so It wasn't that bad.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to play a course in Marshall.  I've heard about, but never played.

Back to the trip.

One of the things about this trip that I don't think I'm ever going to get used to, is seeing Sean take off on his bike.  He's just wearing regular shorts and a t-shirt, none of those fancy tight shorts with a padded seat or a tight shirt.  He looks like a kid taking off on a 10-minute bike ride to school, not an adult doing four-hour stretches down narrow country roads.

I'm still waiting for us to get into a good routine.  The bike repair this afternoon was yet another small set back.  We've got a lot of days to get into a rhythm, so I'm sure all will go well.  I'm getting pretty tired now, so I'm heading to bed.  I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home