Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sean's Day 10 -- Stuck in Madisonville, KY

Hi Y'all!

I'm not sure if this is just an issue for this morning or for all day (certainly not more than that). But right now Bret and I are stuck at my Mom's house in Kentucky (not a bad place to be stuck, of course).

Reason #1 is that I have an interview with the Madisonville Messenger at 10:00, so they can do a story about the ride. The Messenger is my hometown paper and will be read by the folks who knew be growing up, my mom's friends, my grandmother's friends, people who knew my dad (who passed a few years ago) -- you can understand why I would make an allowance and stick around to help the interview happen.

Reason #2 is the bike. I've been having problems with the gears (rear wheel) that I have been ignoring. It has made the ride a little harder than it needed to be, but not in a huge way. Soon, though, we'll be heading into the Appalchian mountains. If I have any chance at all of making it over them without help from Bret and the car, I need to have all 21 gears at my disposal. Honestly, I'm not sure what will happen in the mountains. My goal is to make it across them on the bike, but we'll see. I may need Bret to ferry me part of the way over them (and, yes, I promise I'll tell you if we do that).

The bike store will be open at 10:00 (the same time as my newspaper interview). I'll let you know how both of them go.

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home