Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sean's Day 6 -- So freaking hot!

Hi Y'all!

We made it almost exactly 40 miles today -- all before lunch. I was pretty proud of that, but it was just so hot after noon. It was over 85, and Brett and I both agreed we should stop for the day.

For those who don't know much about MS, you should know that there are pretty much just two things that are scientifically proven to cause problems for those of us who have it -- smoking and getting overheated. I don't smoke, and I do what I can to deal with the heat. That is one of the things that concerns folks about my doing this ride, but I'm trying to be smart.

Tomorrow we'll get up early and either make it to Illinois or very close to the border. I'm actually not sure how we are going to get from the Katy Trail to the TransAmerica Trail. I haven't been able to find a route that really makes sense -- Brett is trying to figure it out right now.

By the way, I have a fun story about Brett from today. I wonder if it would embarrass him. Maybe. Just suffice it to say that it includes him lounging around with his head wrapped in a towel, glued to the Soap Opera Channel. 'Nuff said.

Making this trip work every day is going to be very tough, but I'm going to keep pushing every day, and we will finish.

By the way, as I was writing tonight, we received a $200 contribution online, through this blog -- 100% of which will go directly to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (I'm going to cover the small PayPal charge). Very cool.

Have a great night!

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

keep going Sean! :)

I'd rather ride in 60 degree temps than anything else, too warma and too cold makes it harder.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home