Thursday, November 23, 2006

Telling Oprah about my trip

Today I've e-mailed Oprah at her show. Keep shooting for the stars, right?



Dear Oprah,

I've just decided to add Chicago to the route of my 1500 mile bike trip, benefiting Multiple Sclerosis.

Here's my story, I'm 36 years old, working as a political consultant all around the country. Very active (although, about 50 pounds overweight, so maybe not quite as active as I like to think!). A few years ago everything was going great, except that I'd been dealing with some on again/off again numbness and weakness in my legs. After way too long, I finally went to the doctor and was pretty quickly diagnosed with MS (at which point, my mother said, "I told you you had MS, if only you had listened to me!). Aren't mothers fun sometimes?

Anyway, for some reason that I really can't explain, I've decided that living my best life includes riding a bicycle from Kansas City, Missouri to New York City, primarily as a benefit for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and its local organizations. Slowly, people I'm contacting along the route are starting to volunteer to help. As you'll see from my blog (http://MSCyclingSaga.blogspot.com) I've started getting some folks interested there in Chicago, so I'll be swinging up your way and stopping by the show (maybe I can even score a couple of tickets -- hint, hint).

My trip is scheduled for some time in March, around National MS Week, and I'm training as hard as I can until then. I'll keep you posted. Please let me know if you hav any thoughts or questions.

Thank you for your time and consideration; please let me know every time I can be helpful.

Sincerely,

Sean C. Spence
MS Advocate
http://MSCyclingSaga.blogspot.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home