Monday, November 20, 2006

My Letter to Al Golin, PR Giant

Here is my letter to Al Golin, one of the giants of the PR industry. He is chairman of GolinHarris, one of the largest PR firms in the world, based in Chicago. He's also involved in the fight against MS and advises the National Multiple Sclerosis Society on PR issues. My hope is that he'll want to take on my little bike ride as a project for his firm. We'll see...




November 18, 2006



Mr. Al Golin
GolinHarris
111 E. Wacker Drive, 11th Floor
Chicago, IL 60601

Dear Mr. Golin,

First, thank you for your long-standing commitment to the fight against Multiple Sclerosis. Like you, I am an MS advocate. You might be interested in knowing about an incredible – perhaps foolhardy – project I am undertaking.

In March, right around National MS Week, I will leave Kansas City, Missouri on a 1,500 mile bicycle ride to New York City (on a route that could easily include Chicago).

Now, to me, this seems like a pretty massive undertaking for anybody. In my case, we should note that I’m probably 50 pounds overweight and mildly asthmatic. Oh, and did I mention that I was diagnosed with MS a few years ago?

All that said, this is something I can do. This is something I can do to remind the MS community that we must move beyond our limits. This is something I can do to remind the rest of the world about MS and hopefully motivate a few to join the fight. This is something I can do to raise money for our cause.

So Mr. Golin, I’m asking for your help. Not asking for money. You and I both know what you and your company can do for this project if you choose. So let’s have a conversation about it. Please consider joining my little crusade and putting the weight of your firm behind it.

Please have a look at http://MSCyclingSaga.blogspot.com and I think you’ll see that this could be an awesome PR project.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Sean C. Spence

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home