Wednesday, November 15, 2006

E-mail to Becky, my best friend and partner

I've decided to bike about 1500 miles -- from Kansas City, Missouri to New York City. The trip is part personal quest and part fundraiser for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. My story will unfold through this blog over the next several months, while I train. Many of the entries will be letters I send to folks, letting them know about what I will be doing. Here's the very first official communication...


Hey Honey,

I've drafted a letter to Meredith Vieira at Today and thought you might like to read it before I send it. If you have any thoughts or questions, I'd love to hear them. I've decided just to make this whole thing work, ya know? Life is short and hard and we have to choose to strive for greatness. We have to do things bigger than ourselves. That's the kind of life I've tried to live and that's the example I want to set for our kids. So it just needs to happen and there's no reason to postpone the decision. Don't you think?

I'll send the letter this afternoon, once you've had a chance to review.

I love you!

- sean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home