Friday, September 07, 2007

Day 4: Disc golf and separation

Sean's without his laptop.   He's learned that riding at night is less than safe (and probably a little creepy, though he didn't say so).  I found a friend's house to crash at tonight and Sean's holing up in some small town bread and breakfast.  He's going to take off from there in the morning and I'm just going to call him when I wake up.  I think he covered something like 50 miles today.  We're getting a lot more organized,  and Sean is looking less tuckered-out after long rides.

I drove back today to play the Marshall disc golf course because I didn't get to yesterday.  There's no cement tees, but it has really deep baskets that lock the discs in.  The layout for the first 8 holes created lots of long walks between holes, and the holes themselves were lengthy.  I played the blue (back) tees when I could find them, and really got to let loose with my TeeBird and Surge.  The middleish third of the course was tight, maybe 15 feet wide at some points, which provided a nice compliment to the long open holes.  The final three holes are each interesting in their own way.  There doesn't appear to be a strong disc golf community there, though, because I played on a Friday evening and didn't see another player and there were extensive spider webs blocking what should have been well-traveled areas.

As for my game, I'm getting my feel back for how far to toss mid range shots, and my Classic Roc was on fire in the tight holes.  However, it's still difficult to play a course for the first time and know the right shot to play every time, so I was two over with bogeys on 9 and 14.  I did have like a 500 ft (downhill of course) drive on hole 8 that made my day.  I should have made the putt, but I was staring a spider in the face and it really got in my head.

Check back later to hear from Sean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home