Wednesday, November 29, 2006

got chewed out today, probably rightly so

This is kind of interesting. I got totally chewed out today, probably appropriately, via-e-mail by a reader who was mad about all of the cake I stuffed in my face after Thanksgiving (and my birthday).

For those of us with MS, we know that there are certain schools of thought related to nutrition and the value of eating certain things and not eating certain things. To be honest, I've never really put a lot of stock in it. I'm doing pretty well with my condition and tend to think that has more to do with positive attitude and luck than anything else. But I'm going to look into the sites my new friend suggested. I figure there's always a lot for me to learn, and I'm ready to give anything a chance.

Here's the e-mail from Rosa. Honestly, I really appreciate the concern...


Hey, I have read about your Thanksgiving. It's a shame to see that you eat cake. It really makes me sad that people with MS think they can eat whatever they want and then they wonder why they have symptoms. I'm 31, was diagnosed at 29 and have little to no MS symptoms. I'm not on any MS drugs and live by the SWANK diet. I dont eat meat, I eat as little saturated fats as possible and feel terriric.

You can see how I use my limbs on drums too. www.myspace.com/thejanuarysI also write a bi-monthly article on http://swankmsdiet.org/index.php/diet/day_in_diet/In it, I talk about life dating, eating well, staying positive.

I also write the realities of our fears and how it can be challenging to stick to the diet. I recommend it for everyone, especially for you. Have you heard from any of the news stations in NYC that you have emailed? The studios are about 3 blocks from me sinc eI work in Times Square.

Peace and Purple,

-Rosa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granted, diet is important but you need not live a spartan life to survive. Surviving is not LIVING. Everything in moderation, no?

11:13 AM  
Blogger Sean Spence said...

Yeah, I like that. To an extent, that's the point of my ride. Many would argue (my mother, among them) that this ride is a bad idea for my health. But, what if pushing ourselves, within limits, is a good thing for those of us with MS or other conditions? What if the occasional extravagance is a key to good health?

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home