Friday, September 21, 2007

Sean's Day 18 -- A solution

Hi Y'all!

We had to stop riding today at noon because it hit 80 and eventually worked its way up over 90 degrees. Yuck.

We used part of our time off to help solve our problem, though. We found a great bike shop and bought a big set of powerful lights for the bike, as well as a flashing reflector for the back. With these, I should be able to start before it gets light and continue later, making use of the cool early morning and night air. I took the bike for a test run and it works really well. Bret and I have high hopes for what this will allow us to do for the rest of the trip.

We ended up spending the afternoon in Athens, Ohio, a great little college town (for Ohio University, not to be confused with Ohio State University). Lunch was at a bar & grill while we waited for the bike shop to install the lights; then we went to the movies, wandered around for a while, and I ended the evening with a test-run of the bike with the new lights.

Tomorrow I'm going to start riding very early, before first light. I'll let you know how it goes.

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

1 Comments:

Blogger Philip. said...

Sean,

thought I would pop in and say hello and good luck.

I'll have a good read through the blog and call back later.

Take care!

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home