Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Day 16: The Adams County Public Library

I'm finding public libraries are great bastions of rural Internet access. Adams County sits low in the early foothills of the Appalachian Mountains where cell phone reception is scarce and the only radio channels that come in play some variety of Blue Grass, though I did listen to some radio show of a guy ranting about the evils of Hillary Clinton, illegal immigrants, and how he doesn't know what it means to raise a "good" kid -- it's his theory that we should focus on raising kids with strong character.

The Adamcs County Public Library is about the size of a Blockbuster video and someone used so much bleach in the bathroom, my eyes started to water (and I was only in for a number 1). The Internet is free here, which is amazing, however I can't remember the last time I used an Internet service that didn't include a Pop-Up Blocker. That might be a nuisance when I'm scrolling through Combest. But the people are real nice, and I imagine I could sit here using their free Internet for seven hours and they wouldn't say a thing.

Sean's got a good road to ride today; Ohio State Route 32 if you're following at home. Hopefully we can knock off a big chunk Ohio today.

Something I've learned about Sean on this trip is that he doesn't really sleep. He does more work before he rides at 6:30 or so than I do before noon. But last night I saw real sleepiness in his eyes for the first time. He slept in a couple of hours today -- until 5:30 a.m., and he says he's recharged for another couple of weeks. If he's recharged now, I can't imagine what he's going to get done tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home