Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sean's Day 17 -- So freaking hot

Hi Y'all!

I have to be honest and tell you that today really was a bit of a bummer. The morning was fun, with a good ride and good weather. Unfortunately, Ohio is having a heat wave -- by noon it was 80 degrees and it got hotter until late in the day, reaching 90 by the end of the day. So no more riding after lunch.

I'm not a complainer, but for those who are following this ride, you should know just how important the heat issue is. I haven't had any problems so far, but it is typical that someone with MS would. And "problems" wouldn't mean that I would just feel sick or something; it would mean that damage, likely permanent to some extent, would be caused to my nervous system. My health is remarkably good, so I try to be sensitive about these things -- with luck, I will be very healthy for a very long time. I'm not going to blow that by riding in a heat wave longer than makes sense.

What does that mean? I'm not really sure, yet. Right now Bret and I are figuring out the best way to proceed. I can tell you one thing for sure. We'll make it to New York either on September 27th, as originally planned, or within a few days after.

As always, we'll keep you posted. See ya!

- sean

Sean Spence
MS Advocate
www.MissouriToManhattan.com
seanspence@earthlink.net

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Sean, I haven't been able to check out your progress for awhile, it sounds like things are going great, even with the crash (it't out of the way now, so your good to go).

My commuting season is about over, while your struggling with heat (yuck) I'm trying to hold off winter: cold and ice. Sure wish I was riding like you!

Best of luck!
Michelle

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home